American Idol contestants went Motown last night, but no hard criticism was given out. Lyrics were flubbed by Thia Megia during her version of [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Martha & The Vandellas[/lastfm]‘ “Heat Wave,” Scotty McCreery made some almost painful/weird facial expressions during [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Stevie Wonder[/lastfm]‘s “For Once in My Life,” and then there was Naima Adedapo’s “interesting” dance break while performing [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Martha & The Vandellas[/lastfm]‘ “Dancing in the Street.”
Simon Cowell would have cut down all these contestants, instead [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Steven Tyler[/lastfm] used the word “beautiful” to describe 9 out of the 11 performances.
Check out these performances from last night:
- Casey Abrams, performing “I Heard It Through The Grapevine“
- Jacob Lusk, performing “You’re All I Need“
- Scotty McCreery, performing “For Once in My Life“
- Naima Adedapo, performing “Dancing in the Street“
- James Durbin, “Living For The City“