When Will Olson started coughing and motioning during lunch, all his buddies thought he was just messing around.
But the student at Central High School, which is just across the Cheddar Curtain in Wisconsin wasn’t messing around, he was choking.
That’s when his friend, Ian Brown, leapt into action.
He performed the Heimlich maneuver on the kid freeing up the food that was stuck in buddy’s throat, saving his life!
So just where did he learn the Heimlich?
The HS Freshman told ABC News that he’d enrolled in a course for teens interested in becoming police officers and had learned it there!
Little did he know that he’d need to use it that soon!
Congrats Ian Brown from Central High School! You’re a real life hero!