Next time you walk into one of the Red Line stations on the North Side, don’t be surprised if you see some fancy looking artwork hanging on the walls. The CTA plans on displaying the artwork soon, guess it’s their way of adding a little culture to your train ride. Almost 300 people sent stuff in and seven artists were chosen to have their stuff exhibited at the stations. Here’s the weird thing though, only four of the artists are from Chicago! Don’t you think they ALL should be from Chicago? I mean, the stuff is going to be hanging in CTA stations!
The city of Chicago is thinking about banning all plastic bags at stores! Take a listen to see if they’ve got this deal “in the bag” or not and what their plans are!
As if Millennium Park & Pritzker Pavilion weren’t already awesome enough, they’ve added a new half-million dollar LED screen that’s 40 feet wide and 22-and-a-half feet tall…
Some very cool artwork is going to be popping up at several CTA redline stations. I would first have to ask if it’s a waste of money because of gangbangers and graffiti artists getting their hands on it. Let’s hope people will have some respect for someone’s art and not cover it over with their own!
I know it’s hard for lots of people out there, so maybe this could help you or someone you know…
Monday began with a sunny warm walk to work. Everyone in short sleeves, sun dresses, shades & flip-flops.
A former professor at Northwestern University says he quit because there was just too much student partying going on at the school. Check out the other claims he’s made in this newscast!
When it comes to the most bike riders on one street, Milwaukee Avenue has to be the busiest, especially between Kinzie and Elston, That’s the reason that the city has decided to put in new lanes, barriers and even stoplights just for bike riders there.
I just came across this story about a guy that just attended his 2,152nd Blackhawks home game last night! If that seems like a lot, it is! That’s every home game since 1966! Who is this HUGE ‘Hawks fan? His name is Bob Gertenrich. He’s a retired restaurant worker that never got married (Ah ha! Maybe that’s how he’s been able to go to every game! ) How committed is he? Even when his mother died in 1991, he still went to the game!
Remember the movie “West Side Story?” Well, it was a very famous Broadway play before that and now that play is making it’s way back to Chicago. It runs through this weekend at the Oriental Theater Downtown. My wife and daughter went to see it last night, and were still home in time to watch two periods of the Blackhawks game!
- RT @B96Radio: #Blackhawks tied 1-1 with @NHLBruins after 1st period... who's watching?? b96.com/hawks @NHLBlackhawks twitter.com/bhaggs… 43 minutes ago
- BREAKING: James Gandolfini Dead At Age 51 From Heart Attack cbsloc.al/16hFYTu #Sopranos 1 hour ago
- The Beatles/Rolling Stones rivalry continues... cbsloc.al/14jrvFk 3 hours ago
- RT @cbschicago: June 21st is only a few days away! Plan your "sick day" and have the Best Day Of Your Life: cbsloc.al/11K1Xiy #BDOYL 4 hours ago
- .@Huey_Lewis_News on Montrose Beach is happening Sunday, June 23rd! So close! Enter to win tickets: cbsloc.al/11z17ns 4 hours ago
- Prairie Fest 6.16.13 Raging Waves Appearance... Taste of Randolph 6.16.13 Buffalo Grove Farmers Market...
- Prairie Fest 6.15.13 Halo Pet Food Appearance... 6 Corners BBQ Fest McGrath Lexus Appearance...
- Fleetwood Mac Concert 6.14.13 Farmers Market in Mundelein... Safety Day Police and Fire... Westmont Street Fair 6.13.13
- Downers Grove Summer Concert... PHOTOS: Stanley Cup Finals... The Hobbit: The Desolation Of... Vision Walk in Schaumburg -...
- Enter To Win Tickets To See Rush
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai!
- Win Tickets To See Bad Company At Horseshoe Casino
- Win Tickets To See Lionel Richie
- Now’s Your Chance To Win Tickets To See The Eagles
- Enter Now For Your Chance To Win Tickets To Sammy Hagar
- Enter To Win Tickets To See Foreigner
- Win Tickets To Huey Lewis & The News At Montrose Beach